EXPERIENCE THE MAGIC OF CHRISTMAS IN ORLEANS!
Like every year in December, the city centre of Orleans is transformed into Father Christmas’ village.
The 2022 Orleans Christmas market took place from Friday 25 November to Saturday 24 December.
This year, Orleans is transformed into a winter sports resort!
Decorations, wreaths, advent calendars… discover the Christmas atmosphere in Orleans!
- Monday to Friday: 11am-8pm
- Saturdays: 10am-9pm
- Sundays: 10am-8pm
- Saturday 24 December: 10am-6pm
Health pass and mask required.
Programme of the Orleans Christmas Market
Winter sports resort atmosphere at the Orléans Christmas Market
Christmas Market Place du Martroi
The Orleans Christmas market is traditionally held in four emblematic locations in the city: Place du Martroi, Place de la République, Place de Loire, and rue Royale.
This is the “O” of the Orleans ski resort with its 51 chalets and its many activities!
- The Big Wheel (until 2 January 2023).
- The traditional Christmas chalets to find all the gift ideas, original products and delicacies.
- The creators’ chalets: 13 chalets hosting creators and craftsmen who offer unique and locally made gifts.
- The “Sustainable Development” cluster: chalets dedicated to the social and circular economy.
- The “Local Producers” centre: producers from the Loiret region offer you products from the region.
- The charity chalet: find out about the actions, products and objects of several associations.
- The France Bleu Orleans chalet: try to win tickets for the big wheel!
Christmas market in Place de la République
The place to be for lovers of sweet and savoury treats!
You may also come across bears…
The gourmet chalets: 11 chalets alone welcome you with their famous Christmas treats.
Santa’s House: a special moment for children, who can leave their list and leave with a souvenir photo.
Christmas Market Place de Loire
This is the bottom of the Orleans winter sports resort.
Extend the fun and thrills with the sledge and curling slopes, as well as the Sapin merveilleux merry-go-round.
Don’t miss the gourmet break with the shopkeepers of the Place de Loire and their festive Christmas evenings every Thursday evening in December.
LIGHTS ON THE CATHEDRAL
From 25 November to 2 January, eery evening from 5.30 p.m., come and admire the illuminations on the Sainte-Croix cathedral on the theme of the snowy summits.
And lots of other Christmas activities throughout the city
Don’t miss the Christmas carols, the carriage rides, but also the shows and the brass bands!
Christmas at the castle
In the castles of the Loire and Loiret
Enjoy a unique experience by visiting the châteaux of the Loire Valley at the most beautiful of times, Christmas.
On the occasion of your weekend or your Christmas holidays in Orléans, set off on the road to the châteaux of the Loire and the Loiret.
Take advantage of their Christmas activities and decorations ! Exhibitions, cooking workshops, costume visits, shows, booklets and activities await you for a successful family visit!